1. Outdoor lighting is also referred to as landscape lighting.
2. Outdoor lighting not only extends the hours you can spend outside entertaining, reading or eating, but also provides security enhancements to your home.
3. While there are many options when it comes to layout, there are only three basic types of outdoor/landscape lighting systems. Learn more about the different kinds of energy efficient lighting, including solar powered, low voltage and dark sky compliant.
4. When shopping for outdoor lighting fixtures, be sure to look for the UL rated approval for damp locations label so you know your fixtures will stand up to varying weather conditions.
5. Before getting started, be sure to create a landscape lighting plan.
6. Once creating your plan, consider the different styles and functions of the lighting fixtures you have to choose from, including the architectural style of your home, and different lighting techniques available to you.
7. Spend some time getting to know something about outdoor and landscape lighting available today.
8. Learn about Dark Sky regulated lights and EnergyStar before making any final decisions.
9. Know the difference between task lighting, accent lighting and general lighting as you create your outdoor lighting landscape plan.
10. Have fun creating the outdoor space of your dreams!
Outdoor Lighting Choices (OLC) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. When you click on and then purchase anything you find on this site, OLC gets a small commission from Amazon, while you pay no difference at all. OLC is also a participant in other affiliate advertising programs. Please ready my affiliate disclosure statement for more information.
Thank you for visiting Outdoor Lighting Choices.